VITAL RECORDS of LAWRENCE, MASSACHUSETTS
To the Year 1850
Published by the New England Historic Genealogical Society, at the charge of the Eddy Town Record Fund.
Boston, Mass., 1926
Transcribed by Dave Swerdfeger
Parts of Andover and Methuen were incorporated as Lawrence, April 17, 1847. On March 21, 1853, Lawrence was incorporated as a city. On April 4, 1854 a part of Methuen was annexed. On February 4, 1879, parts of Andover and North Andover were annexed.
The population of Lawrence in 1847 was 3,577, and in 1850, 8,282.
The following records of births, marriages and deaths include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks record has been eliminated but difierences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a married woman.
When places other than Lawrence and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. In all records the original spelling of names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same, family may be found under different spellings.
c. R. 1.--Church record, Lawrence St. Congregational Church.
c. R. 2.--Church record, Grace Episcopal Church.
c. R. 3.-Church record, St. Mary's and Immaculate Conception, Roman Catholic Church.
d.---daughter; day; died.
C.R.1.--gravestone record. Bellevue cemetery, with additional information found in the records of the Superintendanth.
int.-intention of marriage.
m--male: married : month.
Return to [Towns at Rays Place]